CCS News
JANUARY 7, 2011
FROM THE COMPUTER ROOM:
Firewall Cleanup: As mentioned at the last two Maintenance Coordinators meetings, I have begun the task of cleaning up the firewall. This week Zion-Benton was updated, with no problems encountered as of this post. I will send you an email the day before I make the change just so you can be aware of it and in case of any problems with connections to the servers arise. Please make sure you reply by the end of the day, when I send an email about the change, to make sure I know you are aware, and also know if you will be at the library the next day when the change takes effect. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me (Frank Correa) ASAP.
Mega Printers:
We don’t have Mega Ball, but we still have two ‘Mega Printers”. This may be your last chance to see if your library is in need of any Line Matrix Printers, (800 LPM ). We still have 2 available for any CCS library that may need them. Please let someone in the computer room know if you are still interested, or send me (Frank) an email. The 2 printers are Genicom 4840e models.
CCS MEETINGS NEXT WEEK:
None, but we hope to see some of you at ALA Midwinter! Remember, the Circ meeting will be Jan. 21 at Glenview.