CCS News
MAY 9, 2008
FROM THE COMPUTER ROOM:
Memorial Day Weekend - The computer room will be staffed normal hours on Saturday and Sunday but will be closed Memorial Day.
NOTICE PRINTING SETUP DOCUMENTATION:
Visit our webpage, http://www.ccs.nsls.lib.il.us/ , look under the (passworded) Sirsi Resource Page, and you will find a document titled Printing Notices from Java-Workflows. This may help you with making adjustments to WorkFlows and steps to adjust in your printer. We hope this helps answer some of the questions people have been asking for in regards to notice printing.
DID YOU KNOW?
Did you know there’s a work-around for an aggravating little error message that pops up when you try to use function keys in Java? The message reads: “There are open wizards that require attention. Please close the wizards”. This is particularly annoying because closing the wizard prevents you from completing the action you were trying to perform with the function key. For example, I have the F12 function key mapped on my workstation to display the Place Hold window. This allows me to search for an item using Item Search & Display and, when I locate what I want, press F12 to bring up the Place Hold window to put a hold on the item I found in my search. (Just like in the C client.) But if I have to close the wizard, I can’t place a hold from the search results screen.
The work-around is to turn on the Multiple Windows Display option found on the Desktop Setup window under the Preference menu. Once you have the ability to open multiple windows, you should not see the error message or be blocked from using function keys. The procedure for setting up multiple windows is not difficult or time-consuming, and there’s a document on the CCS web page called Multiple Windows display in Java that shows you how to define this option. It’s found on the Sirsi Resource Page, under the Documented Procedures column. -- Ken Victorson
CCS MEETINGS NEXT WEEK:
Wed., 5/14, 10:00, CCS: Executive Comm.
Thur., 5/15, 9:30, NSLS: PAS
Fri., 5/16, Fremont: Circulation