CCS News
DECEMBER 14, 2007
FROM THE COMPUTER ROOM:
Directors Station – the Computer Room has been working with Sirsi to add the additional Fiscal Years to cover all the FY arrangements in our consortium.
Hours Dec 24 and 25 – The Computer Room will be staffed when libraries are open. This means that we will be here on December 24 from 8:00-1:00pm. After you close we will process your printed output before going home to family celebrations. The Computer Room will not be staffed on December 25.
MIDDAY OPEN HOLDS PICK LIST NOW AVAILABLE VIA WEB:
There is a new link on the CCS Reports Web Page that allows access to the Sirsi Finished Reports. This is in response to a request to have the Mid-Day Open Holds Pick List available via the web immediately upon completion. The link is labeled “Sirsi Finished Reports List” and appears just beneath the link to the archive. The link will serve up on the web what is currently available for your library via the Workflows ‘Finished Reports Wizard’.
DID YOU KNOW?
Did you know that I’m currently scheduling people to attend the Java training sessions that will be provided by Sirsi at on January 27-30 and February 4-7, but less than half the CCS libraries have appointed a Java Implementation Coordinator to help organize training for their staff? This is becoming a problem because I don’t always know how to contact likely trainees at each library and need help from the library Coordinators. For example, there will be a two-day Serials training at Northbrook on January 30 and 31, 2008 (Part I & Part II will meet all day each day) but there isn’t a Serials Technical Group I can work with. Since I don’t know everyone responsible for processing serials at each library, I must depend upon the Java Implementation Coordinators to identify the people to be trained and officially pass the sign-up information along to me. If possible, I’d like to have all CCS libraries assign someone to act as the Java Implementation Coordinator by December 19, 2007. The sooner the Coordinators tell me who will attend each training session, the sooner I can finalize the calendar and verify everyone’s attendance schedule.
Note: In the message I sent Tuesday announcing the upcoming Sirsi training timetable, I wasn’t clear about how long each training session will be. All classes will be day-long events (not half day as could be inferred from my message), so trainees will be in Northbrook either one or two full days – depending on the session(s) in which they are participating. Ken Victorson
CCS MEETINGS NEXT WEEK:
Mon., 12/17, 1:30, CCS: Federated Searching Task Force
Tues., 12/18, 9:30, NSLS: Maintenance
Coordinators
Wed., 12/19, 9:30, CCS: SCRAP